It's time to get creative with your trash! Enhance your space and make full use of your empty wine bottles with cork mulch or a plant waterer for those weekends away.
Take inspiration below and give them a new life in your yard, garden, and home.
- Natural cork (no synthetic or capped corks)
- Food processor or blender
- Place a small number of corks into your food processor or blender (no more than 12 at a time).
- Pulse until the corks are the size of a quarter.
- Pour your cork mulch into a bowl and separate out any big pieces. Continue the process with the larger pieces until they are the correct size.
- Once you have enough mulch, spread it around the base of your plant or in your garden.
- Empty wine bottle
- Filtered tap water
- Clean your wine bottle with hot soapy water.
- Once the suds are gone and the bottle smells fresh, fill to the neck with filtered tap water.
- Quickly invert the bottle into the root system of the plant you wish to water.