Get the Recipe: Falafel with '18 Sauvignon Blanc
Keep it fresh and easy this summer with this mouthwatering pairing!
Treat your taste buds to a fusion of spices, garlic and herbs found in this delightfully-simple, baked falafel recipe.
Enjoy this herbaceous dish on top of a salad, in a pita loaded with your favorite fixings, or dip them in a creamy, flavorful sauce with an assortment of fresh veggies.
Double the batch and prepare for lazy summer days with a chilled glass of Chaddsford's 2018 Sauvignon Blanc for an extra treat. This exceptional dry white offers notes of key-lime, peach pit, and chamomile and refreshing acidity.
Find this wine on special throughout the month of May, when you can score a $2 discount per bottle and a $24 discount per case.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the featured wine from our Wine Educator, Rachel, in this tasting video, and find the step-by-step falafel recipe below. Cheers!
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 Tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Soak chickpeas in water for 8-12 hours in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Evenly coat sheet pan with 1/4 cup of oil.
- Add chickpeas, onion, garlic, remaining oil, cilantro, parsley, salt, pepper spices, lemon juice and baking powder to a food processor. Blend until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon of mixture and shape into small patties. Place patties onto oiled pain.
- Bake for 30 minutes and flip midway until the falafels are golden on both sides.
- Serve alongside your favorite fixings.
Makes 10-12 patties.